Stamford Street – SE1 9NN – London
King’s College London is the most central university in London, including four Thames-side campuses within a single square mile.
The conference will take place at the Franklin-Wilkins Building in Waterloo, this is one of London’s largest university buildings and was completely refurbished and opened in 2000.
The Waterloo Campus is next to:
- London’s South Bank Centre which includes: the National Film Theatre; British Film Institute (BFI); Royal Festival Hall; Hayward Gallery; National Theatre.
- Waterloo Station (3 minutes’ walk)
- Stamford Street Apartments (student accommodation)
The course will be held in the central London location at the Waterloo campus of King’s College London. The postal code for this area is SE1, other postal codes that may be of interest are SW1, WC1 and WC2.
There is a huge range of accommodation available in London, from cheap hostels to five-star hotels. London is a very large city and it has an extensive Metro that will make feasible the use of many hotels further from the venue. Please check the proximity of accommodation to the conference venue, transport links and accessibility prior to booking. The Transport for London web site has a journey planner function so that you can work out the journey time (https://tfl.gov.uk/)
- We are awaiting confirmation from King’s Venues on student accommodation for conference attendees, we hope to confirm in mid-December.
- The rooms will be single with en-suite shower rooms and the approximate cost in 2018 will be £60 per night. The exact price is yet to be confirmed.
- You can register for the conference now.
- Once student accommodation is confirmed, you will be able to add the accommodation.
The accommodation will be across the student accommodation residences.
(20 rooms available to book at a reduced rate)
20 Standard twin bedded rooms & 5 standard double bedded rooms available from Monday 9 July 2018 for 3 nights, 20 minutes from the conference
- The rate is £200.00 per room per night including full buffet breakfast excluding VAT @ 20%
- Please quote reference NRM2090718 to secure a room from the allocation
- Reservations can be made either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44 (0) 207 855 2200 – guests will be asked to provide us with credit card details to guarantee their booking.
- The address is London Bridge Hotel, 8 – 18 London Bridge Street ,London – SE1 9SG
Other Accommodation options
If needed here is a comprehensive guide to accommodation in the Waterloo area and caters for all budgets http://www.london-se1.co.uk/hotels/
There are some hotels that are within walking distance to us, students often stay at the 3 star Premier Inn or Travel Lodge hotels. The hub by premier inn hotels currently appear to be cheaper than other premier inn hotels.
15 Dacre Street, Westminster, London SW1H 0DJ
21 Tothill Street, Westminster, London SW1H 9LL
85 York Rd, Waterloo, London SE1 7NJ
Others hotel in the areas are:
- Days Hotel Waterloo
- Holiday Inn Express
- Premier Inn Southwark
- Premier Inn Tower Bridge
- Best Western Corona Hotel
- Premier hub London Kings Cross St Pancras
Online booking websites
These websites can be useful for searching and booking accommodation perhaps otherwise unavailable.
Please note this list has been compiled for information purposes only. King’s College London does not endorse any particular establishment and will not accept responsibility in any event. Other hotels and hostels are also available.