ABOUT THE COURSE
The PET Pharmacokinetics Course will be held July 7th – 9th, 2018 in London. The course will take place just prior to NRM 2018 (London, July 9th – 12th 2018). Registration for the course will be separate from the NRM conference registration.
The PET Pharmacokinetics Course looks back at a history of more than 20 years and has evolved continuously during this time. It is designed for anyone who would like to gain a better understanding of the principles involved in PET kinetic modeling and analysis. It is appropriate for physicians, researchers with a wide range of backgrounds, including medicine, physics, chemistry, neuroscience, and pharmacology as well as for graduate students. Hands-on computer exercises are an integral part of the course concept and complement the lectures.
Imperial College London
Imperial College Rd, Kensington
London SW7 2BB
The course program can be found here.
The course will be taught by a group of international tutors:
- Olivier Barret – Molecular NeuroImaging
- Ronald Boellaard – VU University Medical Center – Amsterdam
- Richard Carson – Yale University
- Roger N. Gunn – Invicro/Imperial College
- Jörg van den Hoff – Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf / Dresden University
- Bob Innis – NIH
- Gitte Moos Knudsen – Copenhagen University
- Robert A. Koeppe – University of Michigan
- Adriaan A. Lammertsma – VU University Medical Center – Amsterdam
- Mark Lubberink – Uppsala University
- Marc Normandin – Harvard University/Mass. Gen. Hospital
- Julie Price – Harvard University, MGH/HST Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
- Mark Slifstein – Stony Brook University
Roger N. Gunn
Academic Rate: £500
Industry Rate: £750
The cost of the course includes:
- tuition (including course materials)
- lunch and coffee
- dinner/social events on July 7th and July 8th (TBA)
REGISTRATION IS NOW FULL BUT IF YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR WAITING LIST PLEASE EMAIL US.
The course will be held at the South Kensington Campus of Imperial College London. The postal code for this area is SW7. There is a huge range of accommodation available in London, from cheap hostels to five-star hotels. London is a very large city and it has an extensive Metro that will make feasible the use of many hotels further from the venue. Please check the proximity of accommodation to the conference venue, transport links and accessibility prior to booking. The Transport for London web site has a journey planner function so that you can work out the journey time (https://tfl.gov.uk/)
A block of hotel rooms have been reserved at the Holiday Inn Kensington High Street (exclusively via Accommodations UK)
- The rate is £130.00 per room per night including full English breakfast and VAT
- Please quote ‘PKC2018’ to secure a room from the allocation
- Reservations can be made either by emailing email@example.com or calling +44 0191 213 2131. Guests will be asked to provide a credit card to guarantee their booking
- Hotel address: Holiday Inn London Kensington High Street, Wrights Lane, London. W8 5SP
- The hotel is located 19min walk from South Kensington Campus, Imperial College London.
These websites can be useful for searching and booking hotel accommodation.
- This link can be used to search for student accommodation at Imperial College in London: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/visit/summer-accommodation/
- This link can be used to search for other student accommodation in London: https://www.universityrooms.com/
Questions? Please email Roger Gunn